Well Woman Scan
As part of our services, we offer Gynaecology and Fertility Pelvic scans for women.
Gynaecology Pelvic scans are designed for pre-menopausal women aged 18 years and above. We will perform a detailed scan to assess the size, shape, and condition of the uterus, lining of the womb, both ovaries and adnexae (the surrounding area).
Gynaecology scans are for detection or monitoring of:
- Ovarian cysts
- Polycystic ovaries
- Irregular bleeding
- IUD (the coil) position/presence
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
We also have scans for women undergoing fertility treatment either in the UK or abroad (e.g. embryo transfer procedure, IVF etc). The pelvic scan we offer includes:
- Examining the size, shape, and condition of pelvic organs
- Special emphasis is given to the ovaries with regards to the number and size of ovarian follicles
- This information helps to determine the probability of ovulation occurring
- We measure the thickness of the endometrial lining of the womb
Please note: Fertility scans are best performed transvaginally (internally) to obtain the best image quality and accuracy. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about this process.